Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Embrace was such a fantastic read! It had the same vibe as The Mortal Instruments, only involving angels. There was a lot of great world building in this book that the author integrated so well into the action, which there was a lot of! I was so intrigued and consumed by this book!

I really enjoyed the characters. Violet, the main character was so stubborn and tough! The way her character developed along with the story was seamless! Learning about the world the author created was fascinating to me, but I tend to love angel stories. In this book you have the angels, The Grigori (part human, part angel), and the exiled angels (whom are enemies of The Grigori). On top of that, you have the lights and the darks (a.k.a. good and evil). You soon find out that Violet might just be in a league of her own, however.

Then you have the boys. Yes, there is a love triangle, but I felt it was done well. You have Lincoln whom Violet has learned to trust, but suddenly has to question their relationship. Then you have Phoenix, who is the "bad boy", which makes him all the more attractive to Violet (or does it...?). I love when the choice isn't obvious, and the author makes me change sides as I read the story, and that is how it was with these two boys.

This was an awesome start to a series that I will certainly be reading the rest of. The ending leaves you wanting more, but also wraps up nicely so you aren't dying to have the next book immediately. You should definitely give Jessica Shirvington a try!!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account