Review Detail

4.9 17
Young Adult Fiction 171
Eerie is a "Must Read" Book, Watch out Harry Potter!
(Updated: January 05, 2017)
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I absolute LOVED the book and couldn't put it down, It starts out rather sweet with Holly and Hailey helping and step dancing at their Uncle Pix's Irish pub. Hailey has typical school issues related to a family tragedy with secrets;) Then Hailey's big sister Holly disappears & is found "shredded", The book takes a decidedly darker turn with Hailey deciding to go to Bear Towne University to major in ParaScience. The book is like a young adult Harry Potter but better (IMHO). The secondary characters are AWESOME. A poltergeist that does hair and a Banshee with issues. The characters are complex & you never know who to root for . I couldn't decide who to root for Asher, an Envoy with heart or Fin who just can't make his mind up. I can't wait for book 2 which promises more surprises.
Good Points
Eerie is amazingly well written, it grabbed me and took me to an increadible place where magic, University life and real life all collide into a fantastic story. I can't wait for book 2 to come out to read more about Hailey, Asher, Fin and the other awesome characters.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account