Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I found Eerie by chance, or maybe fate, either way, I LOVED this book. C.M. McCoy captured the ambiance of her entwined worlds in a unique way. Think Harry Potter, Twilight, The Beauty and The Beast, mix well - then toss them in a cauldron while they percolate into one sensational tip-tapping brew of dark drama, romance, and paranormal occurrences. While I see elements of the aforementioned books, C.M. McCoy’s characters and worlds are hers alone.

Eerie introduces us to sisters, Hailey and Holly, who wait tables and tap-dance at their uncle’s pub. Their parents died when they were young, and ever since Hailey’s had vivid dreams of Envoys and of Asher trapped in the Aether.

Because of her past tragedy and her dream-monsters, Hailey, a high school senior feels more than the normal teen pressures of boys, prom, graduation, and college. But she manages, until the evening Holly takes out the trash and doesn’t come back. Hailey runs out to the dumpster calling for her sister, finally finding Holly’s shoe, with her severed foot still inside.

In her search for answers, Hailey enrolls in a paranormal university in Alaska where she studies the supernatural. Hailey must survive her weird, unique classes, and comes to terms with things like her sneakers running away from her.

She must decide who to trust. Can her dream-monster, Asher who controls the school, save her from the other immortals? Is gorgeous womanizer Fin a friend or foe? What about her roommate from Hell, the banshee, Gisele?

With an unexpected ending, Eerie will keep you on the edge of your seat from start to finish. As for me, I’m eagerly awaiting the second book in this series.

Eerie sits on my bookshelf with the few select books I’ve re-read. The first time I raced through to the end, flipping the pages in excitement and trying to guess what was coming. My second read was months later and mostly to revisit the weird and amazing characters I already missed.

Good Points
Eerie is a spellbinding, well-crafted read. I was on the edge of my seat from start to finish.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account