Review Detail

4.9 17
Young Adult Fiction 170
I can't wait for more from this author!! Loved it!!
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I absolutely loved this book!! From the very beginning the author grabs your attention and holds it throughout the book. I had a very hard time putting this one down. The story flows so well that you don't even realize how quickly you are reading the pages.

This story begins shortly before Hailey's older sister, Holly, is brutally murdered. Hailey and Holly were living with their Uncle Pix after her parents were killed in a house fire when she was very little. Uncle Pix helps run the pub that was left to Hailey and Holly. They, along with their newest addiction to the pub, Fin, were working at the pub the night Holly was taken. Now Hailey depends on her uncle and Fin to help her through this traumatic time.

Her grandfather and her other great uncles show up shortly after Holly goes missing. Fin is tasked with keeping an eye on Hailey while the rest of her family tries to find Holly and he sets out to console Hailey and comfort her through this horrible time. She gets closer to Fin and comes to depend on him for support, friendship and comfort. Until her sisters funeral, then Fin just disappears.

Life as Hailey knows it shifts drastically as she comes to realize that her dreams are linked to her past, present and future. In her dreams, also known as the Aether, is a man, an Envoy, named Asher. Envoys have no emotions. They were pulled from the Aether long ago by accident and want to go home. Envoys take your life energy when you die across the Aether and then back into a new body at birth. She has met him many times in the Aether. Never knowing if he's real or just a dream.

After he appears briefly at her family's pub she starts to find out more about her family and their past. She learns that her uncles are a lot older than she believed and that they know what has been going on the whole time. Asher continues to visit her in dreams and while awake. This makes her even more confused.

Shortly after Holly had disappeared, Hailey receives word that both she and Holly were accepted into Bear Towne University. She decides to go to Alaska after she graduates high school. She finds out that things aren't what they seem on the flight to the school. This begins her new learning of what all lives on earth with her. Her roommate and what she considers her only friend is a banshee. Fin who reappears on the flight there, is her RA and is quite a bit older than he looks and Asher runs this paranormal school.

Hailey's adventures with the people she knows opens up her world to new possibilities and she begins to fall in love with Fin while being drawn to Asher who could kill her or Fin in an instant without remorse. She becomes confused as to which man she truly loves. Is it Asher? Is it Fin? Does she even make it through her first year alive knowing others want to kill her? For that you'll need to buy the book!

I cannot wait to read the next book and I'm looking forward to finding out what comes next for all of the characters from the first book.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account