Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Eerie is a very unique book. If you like Irish dancing, murder, out-cast banshees, albino ghosts that pop out of mirrors, murderous staplers, yetis, sexy guys, scary guys, and soul-wrenching drama (literally)…this is the book for you.

I was hooked from the first page. McCoy has such an awesome way with words…a way that made me like her main character, Hailey, immediately. I loved the relationship she had with her sister, Holly, as well as the rest of her Irish family. It was real and genuine. And then it just kept getting better and better! I really enjoyed that there was a change of scenery when Hailey was whisked away to Bear Towne University. It kept the story fresh, and pushed it forward in crazy-awesome ways–ways that you just can’t make work in Pittsburgh.

The only thing I struggled with was the very dysfunctional love triangle that Hailey had going on. (Though there are reasons why it is dysfunctional. It isn’t dysfunctional for the sake of adding drama, though it certainly does that.) Hailey bounced back and forth between guys so fast, I may have gotten whip lash. It would have helped me out if she had taken sides a little more, gave me someone to root for. But then where would be the fun in that?

And can I just say, the ending was AWESOME. I finished the last chapter and it left me wanting to grab the next book in the series…only then I realized I have to wait who knows how long until the next one is out, considering Eerie was released just this last week. TORTURE.
Good Points
Love the quirky characters and the awesome action!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account