Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What a thrill ride this book is! From the first page, we're plunged into danger and mystery, and it never lets up for long.

What I Loved:

Just about everything. Seriously. The characters were interesting, relatable, and flawed. Noa is everything I wanted in a heroine: smart, brave, damaged, and able to think on her feet. The plot was intriguing and moved at a fast pace. The mystery kept me guessing, and I loved the sense of danger that was always hovering over every page. I especially enjoyed the worldbuilding. I felt that both the hacker scenes and the medical scenes were thoroughly authentic.

What Left Me Wanting More:

I had only a couple of minor issues. The first was that twice there was a detail out of order or dropped entirely. Once was when Noa has an iv in her hand in the first scene and stages a dramatic escape without ever taking a second to remove the iv. The second is when another character makes several calls/texts from a cell phone that had been confiscated in an earlier scene and was never returned to him. Those little moments pulled me out of an otherwise nearly flawless story. The second minor issue was the ending, which felt slightly chaotic and left me with more questions than answers. I don't mind having a ton of questions in a series, but it felt that we were back to square one almost, without a sense of resolution for at least a few of the main plot arcs. However, I don't feel those issues are enough to keep anyone from reading this book, because the book rocks.

Verdict:

Fans of mystery, suspense, and smart thrillers will love this book. I know it's going on my favorites shelf, and I eagerly await the next installment!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account