N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Tina Cord

Another one of Lurlene McDaniel's amazing Teen literature master pieces. Don't Die, My Love incorporates the joy and happiness true love may bring and the tough and depressing times that an unexpected disease may bring to any Teenager . 

Julie Ellis and Luke Muldenhower have described themselves as "Soul Mates" Since the 6th grade when Luke asked Julie to marry him. They have been deeply in love and inseparable ever since. Now in High school, 17 year old Luke Muldenhower, star Quarter back for the the Warriors football team not to meation awesome student and an all around nice guy gets sick. His Girlfriend Julie Persuades him to see a Doctor, but the results are not exactly what the young couple were expecting to hear. Luke gets diagnoses with Hodgkin's Lymphoma, a type of cancer that develops in the lymph system. 
The unexpected diagnosis not only crushes Luke dreams of becoming an NFL superstar but his future with the Love of his life, Julie. 
Luke is not the only one dealing with the cancer, but so is Julie. The Couple both fight for Luke and their love to stay alive.
Can their love possibly be stronger than anything?

I recommend this book to all teens that have either gone through a rough patch with a disease themselves or that have know a loved one that has  struggled with a disease. I also recommend this book to anyone who is interested in love stories and that aren't afraid if books don't end with the normal Fairy Tale ending. This book is not only an amazing read but an also inspiring and a learning heartfelt story. 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account