Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Divergent, if you haven't heard of it(I doubt it)it the story of an future dystopian world were people are classified as factions: Abnegation, who put everyone needs first instead of their own, the Dauntless, who are fearless, the Erudite who are into learning knew things, the Amity who are peaceful and earth loving, and the Candor who are brutally honest. It started by telling the life of Beatrice, a sixteen year old who loves under the factor of Abnegation and has to choose if she wants to stay or transfer to another factor like everyone does when they are sixteen. It started a little slow for me, but maybe is the way it's written making Beatrice(Tris) the narrator telling the story from her perspective. (Would love the perspective of Four, I just love him). It did pick up and when it did I was hooked to the very end. Divergent has plenty of action, adventures, secrets, mystery, humor and a bit of romance making it a great story about what make us human. My favorite character (if you haven't figured that out yet) is Four (Tobias). He seems the most human and real to me. He is flawed but gifted in many ways. Love how he evolves through the story. I liked the feels of the Hunger Games in the story but unlike the Hunger Games, I do want to read the sequel. After reading it, all I keep thinking is Why it took me so long to pick up this book. What was I thinking? because it's a wonderful piece of work. Insurgent here I come. 4.5 Stars (OK maybe 5 stars for Four)
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account