Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Ditched is one of those stories that never happened to you but could have easily happened to someone you know! I loved the idea of best friends trying to figure out if they should be more with the stress of prom hanging over their heads. This story reminds me of a John Hughes film like Pretty in Pink or Sixteen Candles. The Heroine Justine is not your typical girl. Dressing up in taffeta and heels is not her idea of a good time but when Ian, her best friend asks her to go she finds it hard to refuse.

Justine faces many challenges prior to and during prom. First her mom helps her pick out her prom dress which is strikingly similar to something from the 80's!! Then there are all the mishaps that happen along the way.

The story begins at the end has Justine turns up in a convenience store needing a ride home. The older ladies working at the convenience store are not typical and one of my favorite parts of the book. Justine tells them her story in a most unique way. You know those books that have maps at the beginning? Well, Ditched has that at the start of each chapter but it's a map to every stain, rip, tear and broken bits of Justine's poor outfit.

I really enjoyed this book and think it will appeal to a broad range of readers. It is a fun tale about a girl who is just trying to survive prom and maybe get kissed by her best friend.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account