Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
When I read the description of this book I had a flashback of the Pretties series by Scott Westerfeld. In Lena’s world adolescence is measured in the number of days until her 18th birthday when she can finally accept the cure and become one of the masses who will never be plagued with the heartache that befalls people in love. She thinks the most important day of her life is when she goes for the evaluation that chooses the path of her life from the moment she completes the procedure. She will have a husband chosen from her, a college handpicked for her, and the number of children dictated to her. She will have to make zero choices and live a life of blissful ignorance and a numbing lack of strong emotions.

Then she meets Alex. Her whole world gets turned upside down and the government she has known all her life starts to be questioned. She wonders whether the procedure is truly as good as everyone who has undergone it claims it to be. As her feelings for Alex grow, her faith her dystrophic society sway. How can she give up the boy she loves for a life she thought she wanted, but isn’t so sure of now?

This book was pretty much what I expected of it. There were a few surprises along the way but it was pretty predictable from the beginning. That does not, by any means, mean it was boring or made me cry any less. I am a softy when it comes to love stories and especially when there are obstacles for the couple to overcome. This is no lock of obstacles for Alex and Lena, that’s for sure.

The end of the book leaves the reader on a cliffhanger. What will become of all my favorite characters? Hana? Lena? Alex? Gracie? I can’t wait to pick up the next book and delve back into the world Oliver created for Lena and Alex.

Review Posted on: http://www.ladybugliterature.blogspot.com
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account