Review Detail

3.1 3
As Good as the First
As I mentioned when I reviewed Dearly, Departed, Lia Habel is a master at the multiple perspectives. I just...so much love for that alone.

Then there's the fact that there's never a dull moment in any of Lia's novels. Always action and adventure and some new dangerous event, but not enough to overwhelm readers. There's always a really good balance. It's also realistic. You can't just introduce zombies as people and expect nothing will go wrong, you know?

Bram and Nora are as wonderful as ever, both separately and together. I really love the dynamic and chemistry between them. They both have to fight with a lot of issues that are interesting and practical.

Lia's writing is seriously phenomenal. Anyone who can master two perspectives is talented, but Lia had a lot of them and the fit the story. I could even argue they were necessary to get the full scope of what's going on in this novel and lots of little things you don't want to miss.

I read this a while ago, so the review isn't great. But this is a seriously awesome follow up to Dearly, Departed and I can't wait for the next book!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account