Young Adult Fiction 1128
The Perfect Book to End the Series
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This is a fast-paced story that’s full of action. In addition to the overarching good vs. evil plot, there are numerous subplots that keep readers engaged and intrigued. There’s a found family dynamic that changes throughout the story, slow-burn queer romance that sizzles off the pages but isn’t graphic, and other characters also go through their own personal journeys that I couldn’t help but be invested in. It takes a lot to change my mind when I start with negative feelings about a character, but C.S. Pacat really showcased her talent when she managed to shift my perspective completely about one of the characters over the course of the series.

Overall, I loved everything about this book. It was the perfect ending to the series, and snuck in the perfect amount of romance amidst an incredible amount of world-building existing side-by-side with a historical version of our own world. The romance never overshadows the action or the fantasy elements of the story. Pacat builds an amazing story, and although I though the last book couldn’t be beat, she proved me wrong with this one.
Good Points
-Queer representation
-Found family dynamic
-Great character arcs
-Underdog situation
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account