Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I was hooked on this book the moment I started reading it. The mystery, the not knowing what was going to happen, completely sucked me in. The characters are unique, if not a bit rough edged.

Jane has had a very rough life. She isn't sure why she is receiving a scholarship to the prestigious Birch Grove school for girls. Of course, I wondered this, too. The headmistress (Mrs. Radcliffe) and her family are nothing if not odd. I was very intrigued to find out what they were "hiding". They were obviously hiding something and I think it was this mystery that kept me interested in the book. Lucian and Jacob Radcliffe are both unique, but I had a hard time remotely liking Lucian. He was a jerk and I did not like the relationship he had with Jane. I hope that young girls reading this book realize that is not how someone should treat you and you should not be in a relationship like Lucian and Jane's!

I understood more once I found out what was going on with the Radcliffe family and then things honestly started to lag a bit. The middle of the book was a let down for me, but I'm glad I kept reading because it picked back up towards the end.

Overall, I liked the book. I think it teaches us a very valuable lesson on abusive relationships (or at least I hope that comes through) and I really would have liked to see Jane be a bit stronger towards Lucian. A good read though, and I loved the mystery of it!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account