Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Why I Loved It: Let me just say, I have got to stop reading Goodread's reviews before I write mine. I just like to know what people are thinking. It usually makes me feel better if I have to say something negative. But no more! For me, this is one of those books that I obsessed over because of the cover. It is beautiful!! And since I am on that dancing kick *I know, I know I need to shut up about that* I thought it sounded perfect. And there were a lot of things I loved about the book. There were.

For example, I loved the mystery underlining the storyline. You just know that something sinister is happening, though I don't think I quite expected what it was. The book had a bit of a Black Swan feel to it. Ok maybe not that intense. Black Swan made my head hurt with all the psychological intensity. But still there was that tension building throughout the story that made me reminisce. The first half of the book was actually really good that pulled you in, showed you the world of ballet, and made you wonder what exactly was happening.

Vanessa's friends made me laugh, and I found Justin to be adorable and complicated. The dance scenes for me were intense and a bit erotic. I don't know if that was quite the right word, but everything was so intimate and close. I mean for those Dirty Dancing fans, you know they say dance is like making love. So yea maybe erotic is the right word. Either way, most of the dance scenes were well-written.

Vanessa though, the main character, was annoying. I hate to say it, but she was. She refused to listen even though she came to the school to find her sister. If anyone seemed like they knew anything, I think I would hear them out with an open mind. I mean if my sister were missing, my ears would be all open. I wanted to shake her a few times to stop being so stuck up her butt and pay attention to what Justin was saying. Honestly, the book could have been a bit shorter and cut out some of Vanessa's horrible pigheadedness.

And sweat is not sexy. Nor is it something that smells sweet. Please disregard this misconception if you read the book.

I would read the second book in the series though. The author shows promise, and with some work I think Vanessa could be made into a much more likable MC.

Who Should Read It: Dancers, lovers of dance, and those people who sit on the couch and yearn to be dancers. If you like paranormal or that dark tone *similar to Black Swan* you may enjoy this book.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account