Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Lots of action, lots of answers but not so much on the romance. In fact it was pretty much the depressing break-up book (think TW New Moon). Honestly, I wanted to see more Patch & Nora. I mean, it's great that he's her Guardian angel now but we want him to be human. Human! Ok, you get my point.

We find out that while our resident hot angel boy can feel her emotionally he can't feel her physically so when they're playing tonsil hockey or snuggling he feels nothing, nada, zilch. How bad is THAT?! As far as boyfriend/girlfriend relationships go, it kinda helps if you can feel each other when you're holding hands or kissing goodnight. This realization puts a damper on things for them. It's also not fun to be the first one to say those three words and not have them reciprocated which is what happens when Nora tells Patch she loves him and he takes off. He gives her the excuse that the arch angels are watching them and could quickly banish him to hell is they find out their relationship is more than strictly "guardianship". WHAT-EVER!

He becomes more aloof and to make matters worse, begins to hang out with Nora's arch enemy Marcie. (Do they not teach these guys relationship skills in angel school?) At least Nora doesn't haven't to suffer alone because old childhood friend Scott moves back into own with his Mom. The only problem is Scott is acting like a jerk to Nora at first...takes her out several times but leaves her stranded, having to fin her own way home each time. He's also a full blooded Nephilim which he doesn't fully realize but means he's playing for the wrong team so to speak. It seems the Fallen Angels and Nephillim are waging war against each other. After a few scary encounters, Scott redeems himself with Nora and much to Patch's distaste, she wonders if her future might be with Scott.

Rixon, Patch's BFF is not as nice as we were led to believe in Book 1 which is sad because I liked him and Vee just LOVES him in "Crescendo" but then again, Vee loves just about any guy she deems as hot so she'll get over him, I'm sure. He plays an evil game with several people's lives that backfires on him but not before doing some serious damage.

Marcie is just as catty as before but she shares some interesting info with Nora that changes the way she views Marcie and the score keeping they've both been doing over the years. Turns out, Nora's Mom hasn't been all that honest with her over the years and while it unlocks some of the answers to her past, Nora is still left with more questions. One question that IS answered is who killed her father.

"Crescendo" certainly lives up to it's name, right up to the last few sentences. I just hope that in "Silence" we finally get to see Jev, (Patch's real name) and Nora get a happy ending- one where they get to be together for longer than 5 seconds.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account