Overall rating

Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Learning Value

N/A
Reader reviewed by Dede

I have previously read Impulse and Burned, and in my opinion, this book came up short for me.  It's about Kristina, who is a good girl - gets good grades, has good friends, loyal to her family, etc.  She begs her mom to let her go spend some time with her dad (who has been missing from her life for most of her life) and this turns out to be a bad idea.  She meets a hot bad boy Adam there, and she starts calling herself Bree.  Not only does she call herself Bree, she insists Bree has been in her all along, and is the total opposite of Kristina.  Bree is a bad girl.  I disliked the way she jumps right into doing crank.  There is no thinking it over on her part, she does it just to do it with Adam.  I also dislike the way that throughout the book, she talks about how great crank is, how it makes you feel like Heaven, but when she talks about crashing or withdrawing, it lacks depth.  The book talks more about how great it is, and less about how bad it is.  Anyway, she comes back home and starts failing school, cutting class, hanging out with a bad crowd.  She meets two new boys Chase and Brendan.  Brendan is the guy who you can take home to mom and mom feels safe, although in reality Brendan is not a great trustworthy guy.  Chase is the boy from the wrong side of town with a bad rep, who turns out to be the better man of the two.  Kristina goes through some awful experiences, but stays constant with the crank.  I am hoping that the sequel, Glass, which I started today, makes up for the disappointment I felt after reading this book.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account

Latest Additions