Review Detail

I've been bitten by the Doodle Bug
(Updated: December 09, 2013)
Overall rating

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

Learning Value

I specifically requested this book for review because I wanted to up my doodle skills. I think I've been stuck in the same doodle rut since high school, marking the same tired design in the margins of my notebooks for years. It was time for some pizzazz.

What I loved:
The doodles in this book are quirky and cute, ranging from shabby chic, to abstract, to fantastical. There's something for everyone in this book. My whole family gathered around, and we each found a doodle we wanted to learn and create. After a few weeks with this book, our interest in drawing has grown in leaps and bounds. We've started art journals, and even looked into taking painting and drawing classes. I'm thankful to this book -- without it, we wouldn't have known how much we enjoyed drawing.

There are projects you can use to give as gifts, if you're the artistic-gift-giver-type. There are daily drawings and exercises with which to adorn your diary. There are a few art lessons. But mostly there are doodles galore, and you'll know how to pen them all once the book is through.

What left me wanting more:
A few of the doodles could have used a few more steps or instructions, especially for a beginner like me. But for those who already have a silver pen, it shouldn't be a problem.

Highly recommended for Doodle Bugs of all ages.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account

Latest Additions