4.3 1
Young Adult Fiction 1321
A good spooky, supernatural graphic novel
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

Emsy has always know that she's a witch, but her powers have never gone farther than lighting candles. She loves her girlfriend and friends in California, so when her parents tell her they have to suddenly move to upstate New York because of the murder of some of their coven members, her world is shaken. Once she arrives in New York, she befriends two other teenage members of the coven as they try to solve the mystery and reverse the damage. Emsy begins to realize the full extent of her power, and the teenage witches make decisions without fully appreciating the consequences of what they are attempting.
The illustrations are beautiful and vivid; facial expressions are portrayed skilfully as is the autumn setting and the magic. I really enjoyed the story and couldn't put it down, although I found the second half rushed and wished the book was longer. Emsy's treatment of her girlfriend, Joss, and her friend Garrett, is really poor and these relationships were not resolved well. Overall, a good witchy, supernatural graphic novel, just in time for the spooky season. I'm hoping there will be more stories about this coven. Thank you to BookishFirst for a copy to review.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account