Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
The first book left me with so many questions. To me, this series has gone no where. Between reading book one and two, I still have most of the same questions. There just seems to be no tie in to The Mortal Instruments other than the races and some characters. I feel like the odd man out since so many other people enjoyed this series. It is just not clicking for me. I have sadly not enjoyed this series up to this point.

The main thing that is bothering me is the love triangle going on. I just cannot get over the fact that Tessa seems to skip from one guy to the other. This is even more frustrating since this same event happened in The Mortal Instruments between Simon, Clary, and Jace. What is it about this series and awkward relationships!? At this point, I am not sure who I want Tessa to be with.

Jessamine’s character has been an issue for me since the first book. I found myself wishing someone would just slap the shit out of her! Her true colors are revealed in this book. I guess the saying “love is blind” shines through in her case. Sadly, I was overjoyed with the hand she was dealt. I am a personal believer that karma is a bitch and karma definitely sunk her claws into Jess.

Well I wish there was something interesting to add to this review, but literally NOTHING has happened. Other than Will finding out about his “curse”, the death of one of the characters, and blackmail there has been no new events. I guess there is the relationships in the book heating up. Yet, who is Tessa, what is up with this clockwork angel, why does Mortmain and Valentine so closely resemble each other, and WHAT is this series about?!

I know, I know, why read the rest of the series? Well I have this horrible issue of not finishing what I start. I feel this strong responsibility to complete this series since I have all three books. There is one thing, well person, in this book that I love! That is Henry. He lightens this series for me. I definitely have my fingers crossed for him. Well for the Branwells in general.

What are some of your thoughts on this series? What did you like/dislike about it? Please share your thoughts in my comments.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account