Review Detail

4.0 11
Will the real Jace Lightwood please stand up?
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Will the real Jace Lightwood please stand up?
Pros:
*Jace
*We get to find out what happened to Jace - YAY!
*We get to see the story unfolding from multiple points of view which was interesting.
*Simon's role in this book had me crying ALL THE TEARS. (I *hearts* him almost as much Jace.)
*All of the characters are affected in some way by the end both physically and or emotionally.
*Sebastian was intoxicating in his evilness. (Wait, that should probably be a con but...)
*EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! EPILOGUE! Cassie Clare could have quite possibly killed me by the end if she hadn't included this, so a HUGE thank you for that! ;)

Cons:
*Not enough Jace. (Can there EVER be enough Jace though? I mean, REALLY?! *giggles*)
*The torment of Jace was very painful to read and almost too much to take.
*There were times where I wasn't exactly sure what was happening and there were
parts I could've done without but I think that's because I just really wanted to know what was going on with Jace and Clary. (Shallow, I know. Do not judge. *grins* )
*I wasn't really drawn into the book until halfway through and that doesn't usually happen with Clare's books.
*I cried at the end and it wasn't for reasons you might think...

I liked this but I didn't "love" this, and believe me, I really, really wanted to "LOVE IT SO HARD" hence the star rating. While I do lurve these characters and have grown quite attached to them, I have to be honest when I say, there were times I felt as if this storyline was being dragged out a bit. The torment that Jace and Clary have to go through is like a bad carnival ride and I wonder when they'll be able to get off of it and just be happy for longer than five minutes? I know that not all stories have a "And they lived happily ever after" ending but when is enough, enough? Before you hate all over me or tell me to "Just stop reading!" keep in mind that I love them and just want them to be "OK". ((hugs them)) I am looking forward to seeing how it all ends...
Good Points
Jace
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
May 15, 2012
I love this review...Jace, not enough Jace...Jace, not enough Jace. *giggles*
May 15, 2012
In reply to an earlier comment

;)