Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
The final book of the Legend series does not disappoint. Lu has once again been able to keep this book as fast-paced as the previous two, in fact I think she might of even kicked it up a notch. I was very glad that I had reserved an entire afternoon to read this book instead of how I usually read books which is a couple of chapters every night before I go to bed. I think if I had done that I would have been up at 3am refusing to put it down until I had finished it.

Lu is able to perfect the fine balance between exploring the relationship between Day & June and keeping the characters focusing on the life-threatening events going on around them. Therefore, this book should pleased readers from both the romance-focused and the action-focused camps, without alienating either.

This book is a quick read, approx. 4 hours, but so many events are packed into that time. Lu is able to tie up threads from the previous two books, including some threads you never knew were there, without making anything feel rushed or barely explained. She also expands the world she has created by expanding the events to include Antartica. Never before have I wanted so badly to visit a place that when I stopped and thought about it really replused me. Still a couple of weeks there would be really fun as long as I never let myself think about the long-term effects of living in that kind of society.

The Legend series can be read on so many different levels – first as a gripping, action-packed adventure in a dystopian world, but also secondly as a stark reflection of today’s world. So many nations that are familar to us today can be seen in this novel – a little exagerated to be sure, but still visible. It is for this reason I would love to see this series being studied in high schools.

If you loved the first two books, then this novel does not disappoint. There might be some protests about the ending by those in the romance camp, but there really shouldn’t be. The novel ends exactly the way it should do.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account