Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
BZRK was really strange. Not strange in a totally-weird-and-out-there way, but strange in the holy-crap-this-is-probably-possible-which-is-really-disturbing way.

I spent the entire time I was reading being absolutely terrified of every little itch and tickle I felt thinking it might be a nanobot. Sure, it’s fiction, but you’re still scared of the dark while reading horror. And I find the idea of tiny little things crawling around my body with the ability to rewire my brain infinitely more terrifying than anything I’ve ever read in any horror book.

In the end, though I didn’t hate BZRK or even particularly dislike it it’s still not really my type of read. It’s highly political and actioney. And frankly, all the nano descriptions really disturbed the crap out of me. I couldn’t really connect with any of the characters either, but then again, third person omniscient was never my favorite POV. It’s a book I’d still suggest to people if I thought they’d like it, though.

The Nutshell: If you’re into political, science, action books then you’ll probably enjoy BRZK. Though it wasn’t a favorite of mine, it’s still a book I’ll be suggesting my younger brother try.

Near Miss
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account