Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Jenny Han has always been one of my favorite authors. I often find myself reaching for her Summer series on my shelves to reread them. I was a little disappointed by this book. I was ecstatic when I heard that she was coming out with a new book, but it just didn't live up to her previous books.

I don't know Siobhan Vivian's works as well (I've only read one of her books) so I don't have much to compare this too. The List wasn't exactly my cup of tea, but I couldn't pass it up when she collaborated with Jenny Han.
I loved the concept of this book. Revenge is a really entertaining topic to build a book around, so I wasn't expecting this book to be that deep. There were parts of it that tried to get pretty emotional, but it seemed out of place with the petty revenge.

I liked how each girl had their own story, but they all worked together. In Siobhan Vivian's The List, all of the girls' stories seemed disjointed, but they flowed together nicely in this book. The two or three paranormal aspects of the book seemed very strange though.

Mary's story was my favorite. Hers was the most real and I really felt sorry for her. Mary in general felt the most real. While the other girls were arguing over petty girl things, Mary had the most serious reason for revenge, which really might be a foreshadowing of how her revenge turns out.

Kat is getting revenge on her ex-best friend who just decided to drop her one day. I love sarcastic people, but Kat didn't really have a personality. She was just plain mean and I didn't find myself rooting for her like I was Mary and Lillia. Almost immediately after we meet her, she spits on someone. She just wasn't likable.

Lillia was okay. Her story was protecting her little sister, which I thought was a sweet story. But, she was getting revenge on one of her best friends and it seemed weird that she would just jump to conclusions about someone she trusts. I did like her story because everyone they're getting revenge on are in her circle of friends.

In some books, it's easy to tell that two authors wrote it because it feels a little disjointed. Burn for Burn is not one of those books. Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian's writing styles flow together seamlessly.

One of my biggest book pet peeves is an author's second book not living up to the first. (Does this even count as a pet peeve?) As much as I would like to, I just can't say that I felt this book lived up to the Summer Series.
Good Points
I loved the way Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian's writing styles came together.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account