Review Detail

4.7 2
Young Adult Fiction 249
Breakable is everything fans of Easy, and Lucas Maxfield, have been waiting for!
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
*Due to the mature content, this book is recommended for readers 18 years and up*

What I Loved: Can we start with the cover because...cool hair and lip rings.

This book should come standard with a pack of tissues and a warning label: "Prepare to have your heartstrings shredded."

Told from alternating POVs, Landon Lucas Maxfield is the kind of character you want to get behind and cheer for. He's been through an unimaginable trauma and the guilt he carries is enough to bring a grown man to his knees, let alone a young boy.

Is he perfect? No.
Has he made some less than stellar choices over the years? Sure.
Grief has a funny way of bringing out the stupid in anyone.

But Lucas is lucky because he's surrounded by people who genuinely love him and who will do whatever they can to see him succeed. They believe in Lucas even when he doesn't yet believe in himself and his transformation from broken boy into a young man full of quiet strength, love and hope is heart-achingly beautiful.

The kissing scenes aren't too shabby either. *fans face*

My first impression of Lucas Maxfield in Easy (Contours of the Heart #1):

"Lucas is a knight in shining Starbucks apron strings with his cool hair, and tats. (Don't even get me started on the lip ring.)"

My first impression of Landon Maxfield in Breakable (Contours of the Heart #2):

"Oh my heart."

What Left Me Wanting More: Lucas was a bit of an enigma for me in Easy, one of the many, many things I lurved about him. And while I thought I wanted to know every little detail about his life prior to meeting Jacqueline, I'm not sure that was the best thing now. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed Breakable but it got me to consider that sometimes maintaining a little mystery is a good thing.

Final Verdict: Breakable is everything fans of Easy, and Lucas Maxfield, have been waiting for! Read it. Love it. Thank Tammara Webber.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
July 02, 2014
I loved Lucas in Easy. He seemed like a guy who had done bad things but that he felt sorry about them and was trying to make things better. I really want to read this book but who are the two separate povs. Obviously one is Lucas but whos the other?
1 results - showing 1 - 1