Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I wanted to read Bitter Sweet Love because first off, I love Jennifer's writting. She never fails to entertain, make me forget the real world, and make me swoon. So of course, a new series, and one about gargoyles, something I have never read about before, makes it even more appealing. I have the first book already on hold at the library and this one was free, so of course, I grabbed it.
Bitter Sweet love gives what I imagine will be very important backstory and context for Jasmine and Dez. He left her and all of the sudden is back in her life. She thinks that he was running from her dad's announcement that they would mate (this is their tradition) and since they have been friends since they were kids and she was in love with him, it would have been great news, except that, he left. For years. And never called, and she thought it was because he didn't love her back. He comes back and says he is ready to mate with her now, and she is so torn and hurt.
While I did get a good sense of their characters and relationship, I was still a bit confused about the world setup and what the gargoyles were all about. I understood some of their traditions and how the world is setup as well as how they fit into the human world, and some of their abilities. But I still can't picture them and their shifts.
I loved their tension, but also her resolve that she deserved an explanation and that it should have come much sooner. So she tries to buy herself time to make her decision (she has 7 days to say no if she wants). So they go on a road trip, and along the way they start talking and opening up. There is also some delicious kisses and tension of the attraction and sexual nature. Loved every moment.
I think that it was long enough to give me a sense of both of the characters and their history without going into the first book with all of their baggage and backstory and needing info before the next story starts. It wrapped up its themes and left me wanting the next book.

Bottom Line: Swoony, fell for the characters.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account