Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Bitter End is about a girl named Alex who has spent her life with one parent, two sisters, and two bestfriends. She works at a local hangout called The Bread Bowl (I love the name) and lives an absolutely normal life. It isn't like the whole "normal life" thing changes, really, but the way she looks at life and relationships definitely does change. Alex meets a boy from a different district who has moved to her school. His name is Cole, and before no time, Cole begins to abuse Alex.

I really like this book, and I wish I could give it 5 stars, but one thing really irks me. I think this book should have been told through 3rd person, because we really only see Cole as an antagonist. I'm not saying that an abuser is a protagonist, but I wish that we could have seen things from two ends of the spectrum. I would have liked to have seen Cole's home life and its affect on his abusive personality. I didn't really like the characters and their development and this book, and I think Alex was very unrealistic. She should have reported the abuse straight to the police. I know this isn't always the case, but it would have been nice to have had that type of character rather than the damsel in distress. A better character-developed novel would have shown the aftermath of this abusive relationship more in depth.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account