Review Detail

An empowering children's book
Overall rating

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

Learning Value

Beulah Has a Hunch empowers children to believe through the amazing true story of Beulah Louise Henry.

Beulah Louise Henry, nicknamed “Lady Edison," was curious about how things worked and had a passion for invention despite being born in an era when women inventors where virtually unheard of.

This book is so informative, however I believe it's too "wordy" for the target/recommended audience. My six year old lost focus a few times, but loved reading about young Beulah and her inventions!

The illustrations are vibrant and fun. Mazeika did a wonderful job capturing the curiosity in Beulah's facial expression!

I loved the added information about Beulah and her many patents at the rear of the book.
This picture book in its entirety has been a fantastic resource in our homeschool library; Beulah Has a Hunch explores problem-solving , resilience, and self-belief. It encourages children to understand the importance of thinking outside the box and persisting in the face of adversity, and it opens up the door for children to ask questions about women's history.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account