Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This book was an impulse buy a few weeks ago at a spare-the-moment Barnes and Noble stop. My friend picked this book up randomly and I decided to buy it.

Plot: The blurb is so completely off of what this book is about it actually is kind of funny. It's what the first third quarter of the book is about. Then there's more to it. I liked all of the stuff not mentioned though. It was a light and fluffy book with funny scenes, but there was still enough seriousness for it to be a good book. Good books always have a perfect balance of humor and sincerity and this book has it.

The ending you can see coming just by reading the blurb, but still, it was cute.

Characters: I loved Char as a main character. She was real. She was strong without being one of those girls that say whatever's on their mind (that really aren't as common as books make them out to be), but she had a spine. I liked how McVoy wasn't afraid to make her heavy. Not every girl has an easy time finding clothes and Char has this problem throughout the book.

To be honest, the rest of the characters were nothing special. Trip and Oliver were cliche and as much as I loved Sophie and Fabian, they were typical. I did like how she had a step-mom and step-sisters and they got a long. The evil step-sisters thing is way over done.

Cover: I has nothing to do with the book. Ever. It's an okay cover, not a standout among a lot of the beautiful covers filling the YA shelves. It's nice and simple, but not one that sticks with you.

Overall: It was a pretty good book. If you're looking for something to read this one last beach weekend, I would recommend picking it up. It's a great light read that won't take you much time to get through. Like I said for the plot earlier, it's cute.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account