Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Beautiful Days is an absolutely dazzling book – page after page of glamour and drama. I felt transported to the 1920s whilst reading it. I was Letty, I was Cordelia, I was Astrid – I was wearing sequined dresses and going out to night clubs every night and flying in planes with strange men and getting my heart broken and my hopes crushed and then having them built back up again. Anna Godbersen’s writing took me through all these events as if I were experiencing them myself.

Once again, I find myself reluctantly closing one of Anna Godbersen’s books, eagerly anticipating the next book.

GUYS how freaking eloquent was that? It took me so long to write because all I could think was OH MY GODDD I LOVE THE 1920S I LOVE MUSIC I LOVE SPEAKEASIES AND BOOZE AND FLAPPERS AND CIGARETTE WOMEN AND CORDELIA AND CHARLIE AND ASTRID and etc, you get the point.

Beautiful Days freaking rocked. Like, better-than-Bright Young Things type of rocked. Because while I loved Bright Young Things, I had trouble remembering what happened several months after reading it(except at the end holy crap). With Beautiful Days? Uh-huh, no chance of that!

Seriously. Beautiful Days is an amazing follow-up to Bright Young Things and I am on my toes waiting for the next book in this series. Gorgeous writing, gorgeous cover, fantastic characters, badass time period, confusing and realistic (for the time) romance – this book has something for everyone. Go read this series ASAP.

Review originally posted on my blog http://hobbitsies.net/2011/09/beautiful-days-by-anna-godbersen/
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account