Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Beautiful Creatures tells of a tiny town called Gaitlin, where everyone knows everyone and no one likes change. Then Old Man Ravenwood's niece arrives. Her name is Lena.

Ethan has a recurring nightmare about a girl he's never met, who he is trying desperately to save. He has never seen her face, and she falls from his grasp. Again and again and again. When he nearly runs over Lena, standing in the middle of the road, he is sure that this is the girl from his dreams.

But "We don't take kindly to strangers [in Gaitlin]". They are deeply suspicious of Lena and it doesn't help that she is the niece of a man who never come out of his house. She faces lots of troubles at school, and at home too, where she is preparing for the Claiming, which will determine whether she will be Light or Dark.

Oh yeah, I nearly forgot to mention. Lena and all her family are witches (Casters)

This is a very long book, 563 pages, and so in some parts the story drags on a bit.

Ethan doesn't think like a sixteen year old, or a boy, in my point of view. He doesn't sound like a boy. He was very poetic and romantic so I think that lots of females would like it, but it didn't cut it for me.

The story had a good plot, and I think with a bit more tweaking, like cutting it down a bit, or adjusting Ethan's voice, it could have been a five-star for me.

Something to try if you don't mind long books.
Good Points
- The town of Gaitlin was a nice, quaint setting
- I liked the plot
- Definitely potential here
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account