Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Hmm... well. I wasn't really feeling Awaken. I made the mistake of reading Underworld and Awaken within a few days of one another. (I read Abandon and Underworld a few months apart.) I think that reading these books back to back made me notice some things that were pretty annoying.

First off, this romance betwen Pierce and John is insane. Not intense , ooh-la-la kind of intense, but border line psycho. I had compeltely forgotten that these books took place in the time span of a few days. Soooo, how the heck are Pierce and John so exclusive and attached at the hip? It's just creepy... and now she's talking about babies? Heck no!

Then, you add in the mess of the plot. There was just way too much going on, and not enough answers. It was a mess. Seriously. I get very annoyed when questions are not answered. Or, like in this case, the answers are just thrown together really quickly. Something just didn't sit well, let's say that.

Since this series is at an end, I think I can speak for it on the whole. I honestly do not care for these books that much. The relationship aspect between Pierce and John just isn't that believable. I think there are just better versions of the Persephone and Hades myth out there to read instead.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account