N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by moonymaster

This book was a DISAPPOINTMENT. At the point where I decided to read this book I had heard of it a lot. My brother had loved the series and I was looking forward to another good book to go along with the greats. But that is not what I got. I was surprised of how bad it was. It had action, I will give it that, but that is about all it had. The character development was horrible. I understand that Artemis isn't suppose to have feelings but what about Holly? I had no sense of their emotion and could not connect to any of the characters in the least bit. And worse than that was the HORRENDOUS WRITING. Whoever wrote that review who said that Eoin Colfer was a lazy writer hit it spot on. Looking back on it, it still shocks me how bad and mediocre, and annoying his writing was. The world of the faeries is quite cool and original but its the writing that kills it. That is why it is merely crumpled paper compared to Harry Potter or His Dark Materials or any other fantasy book. There is no effort in his writing and it shows. He could of made a masterpiece but instead he made an EPIC FAILURE. 

Anyone who says that this book is as good as or better than the greats (you know what I'm talking about) needs to take another look at Eoin Colfer's writing and story telling ability and answer that question again.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account