Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
It's extremely hard to review Arclight because it's such a strange novel. I don't want to give anything away but at the same time I want to express how much I enjoyed this book. I apologize if there's an abundance of gushing and fanboying.

Arclight is unlike any book I've ever read. I can't think of one book that I can accurately compare Arclight to. The beginning of Arclight was a bit slow but once you get into the story, it's simply superb. Arclight is a mysterious, eerie book that will give some readers the goosebumps.

I'm still recuperating from the ending of this book. Arclight is filled with tons of surprising plot twists that were really unexpected. I thought I had figured out one of the plot twists but it turns out I had only figured out a small fraction of it. There's really more to Arclight than meets the eye!

The Fade are the most awesome horrifying creatures I've probably ever read about. At first they kind of reminded me of dementors but it turns out they're nothing like them! The Fade terrified me yet I had to keep reading Arclight. The Fade are written in a way that allows you to wrap your mind around them but at the same time you can still picture them in your head. I liked how they were written in such a vague way because it allowed me to visualize them in my own way. There are nothing as terrifying as the Fade in YA, the creatures from Pure come in a close second though.

World building in Arclight leaves much to the imagination which is very fitting because Arclight is a mysterious novel. I loved how the reader learned more and more about the world alongside Marina and by the end I understood the world a lot better. I definitely would love to see more of the dark world of Arclight in book #2.

Arclight is a horrifying vision of a dystopian book and Josin L. McQuein does a superb job of immersing the reader in such a hostile environment. McQuein is a fantastic writer and I'm really look forward to her upcoming novels. Premeditated looks like a book I am going to love so I'm going to try my best to get an ARC.

Keep an eye out for McQuein because I have a feeling she's going to write the next big YA book. Arclight definitely exceeded all of my expectations and I'm eagerly awaiting the sequel. Don't miss out on reading Arclight! Thank you to HarperTeen/Greenwillow Books for providing me with an ARC in exchange for a honest review.
Good Points
-The characters are well-developed and are extremely likeable
-The plot is engaging, and interesting.
-The ending was superbly executed.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account