Review Detail

4.8 5
Young Adult Fiction 339
Amazing series, author and can't recommend it enough.
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
As usual, Jennifer does NOT disappoint!
It was so hard in the beginning when Alex was connect to Seth, and calling him "my Seth." She was so obviously not herself and that is not what I want for any person. I think that it is very important to be yourself and not change for anyone, especially a guy. I know that it was all the bond and supernatural forces, but it was still hard to read. I knew that it was coming but it was still hard to deal with.
You could also so clearly see the love of Aidan for Alex in what he had to do to keep her safe. Being by her side day by day and watching her and listening her talk about Seth like he was the best thing since sliced bread. (You can get all of this from last book or the first chapter, so not really a spoiler.)
But on to happier things, I love reading about them. Their connection is so pure, hot and epic. I want for Aiden to look at me like that, but I guess I will settle for him looking at Alex that way.
The plot twists never fail to get me. I don't know how Jennifer can keep surprising me, but she does. Her pacing is breakneck, and she always ends the stories in a way that leave me wanting to stalk her to find out what happens next. Though, the ending of this one is not quite as evil as previous stories. AND--We get the answer to some questions but then more just pop right up. I love reading this series, and will be so sad when it is over and I can no longer be in the head of Alex, and drool over Aidan.
Needless to say, I was so glad when Alex was back to herself. She has matured so much but it didn't take away from who she is fundamentally, it just grows her and makes her better. She still kicks butt, still questions things not just accepting how things are, and she still loves those around her so fiercely.
I feel so sorry for Seth and am so mad at him all at the same time. I understand that the power is seductive, but I just wish for the banter and the guy that I got to know in the previous books.
Not only is the inside of the story every flavor of amazing, the covers always make me so happy. I could stare at them, and I am proud to have them on my bookshelf.
I cannot recommend this series enough, if you haven't yet, get on the band wagon, it is a good one to be on.

Bottom Line: Amazing series, author and can't recommend it enough.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account