Review Detail

4.8 5
Young Adult Fiction 339
An "Amazegods" addition to the Covenant Series.
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Thank you Spencer Hill Press for this ARC. I don't know how she does it but Jennifer L. Armentrout has outdone herself again because this was amazegods! She brings the world of Greek mythology to life in an engaging and humorous way like no one else and don't even get me started on the kissing scenes. *fans face*

What I LOVED: Each of The Covenant Series covers have a unique ethereal beauty to them and I'm a sucker for a pretty front cover, however, the back of Apollyon is probably my favorite! It's truly creeptastic! (Creepy + fantastic = creeptastic)

Apollyon picks up where Elixir (Covenant #3.5) leaves off and if you haven't read that yet, which I can't imagine you haven't, I mean, it is an entire novella of just Aiden. (AIDEN ST. DELPHI PEOPLE! *shakes fist*) Anyway, if you haven't read Elixir, I suggest you do ASAP, otherwise, the emotional intensity of the first chapters won't have quite the same significance.

One of the things I enjoy about Alex's character besides her snarkiness is that she's a fighter. She doesn't just give up when things get tough. Yeah, she might want to run away or you know, hide in a closet but that's totally understandable. *shrugs* She knows what her purpose is and the risks surrounding it but she still wants to make sure the people she cares about will be okay even if she's not. Alex also tries to see past people's faults and wants to believe there's still hope, even for someone like Seth, much to the chagrin of everyone else.

The relationship between Aiden and Alex is bittersweet and his willingness to do whatever it takes to bring Alex back; to not let her forget who she really is regardless of what it may mean for him is heart-achingly beautiful. (If you don't fall in lurve with the swoonilicious Sentinel by the end of this book, then you have issues. Just saying.)

The witty banter between the characters and Jennifer's ability to infuse humor into the most stressful situations had me laughing until I cried. The pop culture references are always entertaining and I think Persephone is my new favorite goddess.

What left me wanting: Can I have Sentinel today please?! *bribes with chocolate peanut butter cupcakes* ;)

Final verdict: Action, adventure and a whole lot of swoon, Apollyon is easily the best Covenant novel to date!

Favorite quote(s):

Eíste pànta mou... You are my everything. *sighs*

"There's nothing creepier than having a psychotic Apollyon caged in the basement."

He turned, brows furrowed. "I don't even know what that move was." I flipped the dagger in my right hand. "It's called being awesome and it worked."

Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account