Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour was awesome. It wasn’t my favourite book of 2010 (not that I could pick one, honestly), but it was great.

First off – if you’re going to get Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour, buy the actual copy! I didn’t buy a kindle version of this one because I knew there were pictures and stuff, and after reading it, I’m so glad I didn’t. The pictures and maps and doodles and playlists really add to the book. I think something would have definitely been missing without it.

Amy was a great protagonist. She lived through a horrifying event and acted as I would expect anyone in that position to act. I enjoyed reading from her point of view and she was actually pretty witty at times. But thing that makes Amy a great protagonist is that we really see her grow throughout the book. Because it takes place over just a few days, the changes are extremely noticeable and it really shows character development, in my opinion.

Roger, in my opinion, was the perfect guy for this story. He is by no means perfect, and I wanted to slap him multiple times throughout the novel for being so blind, but he fit perfectly into Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour.

I really love roadtrips. And I loved how Amy’s mom and brother fit into the story and their method for picking the places they went to see.

I don’t know, it all just really worked for me. Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour is a great story of loss, adventure, growing up, letting go, and moving on.

Review originally posted on my blog http://hobbitsies.net/2010/11/amy-rogers-epic-detour/
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account