Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This was SUCH A FUN book to read, so I thought I'd do something different my review.

Soundtrack: The songs listed are ones that inspired me while I was on this intergalactic voyage of reading awesome.

For the record, I'd take a pinch on the neck from Mr. Aelyx any day. (If you don't get this Beastie Boys reference, then I can't help you.)

Intergalactic - Beastie Boys
Starlight - Muse
Fat Bottomed Girls - Queen
Only Human - Sleeperstar
Goody Two Shoes - Adam Ant
Kiss Me - Ed Sheeran
Meant To Be - Parachute
What If - Five for Fighting
Everything Has Changed - Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran
Out Of My League - Fitz and the Tantrums
You Belong Here - Anberlin
Glory And Gore - Lorde

What I Loved: (Besides Aelyx? Just kidding. Maybe.) It's rare that I find a book I'm unable to put down. Told from a dual POV, ALIENATED is the perfect blend of science fiction, creative world-building and witty humor. It also has a sizzling romance that is out of this world! (Pun completely intended. You're welcome.)

Cara and Aelyx, (aka "Cah-ra", and "A-licks") are both well developed and highly entertaining life forms. They start out as strangers and watching Aelyx adapt to life on Earth and the lengths that Cara goes to in order to make him feel welcome are as hilarious as they are heartwarming.

"It's chocolate. You'll love it."
"That's what you said about Skittles. I vomited a rainbow afterward."

I also love that Cara has a blog! You know, for obvious reasons. :)

The romance was a slow build filled with lots of sweet and funny moments, and there was one scene in particular that made me do this...*cue face fanning*

Like any good space story, there are always people on both sides of the galaxy who are not quite ready to gather around the spacefire and sing kumbaya. Throw in a little interplanatary deception, a few fear mongers and it's a recipe for disaster. Cara and Aelyx find themselves not only in a fight for their love, but a fight for lives and her home planet too. I was on the edge of my seat with my heart in my throat right up to the very end and I CAN NOT wait to see what happens next!

What Left Me Wanting More: Is it 2015 yet? Because I NEED book two!

Final Verdict: A fantastic voyage you don't want to miss!

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account