Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
First of all, I was given an advanced copy of this novel for my honest review...and I'm so glad I got this privilege!! I've read many retellings of Alice or stories based on the beloved Wonderland I knew and loved that fell short of my hopes and standards. I wanted them to be different, unique, and share my favorite moments or lines from the oh so quotable creation it was. Yet, none shared any connection other than the name of Alice or location of some type of Wonderland. In comes my new friend J.M Sullivan and her Wanderland Chronicles featuring Alice. I was excited from the first moment I chatted with her about her novel and was eager to get my hands on a copy. I had high hopes for this retelling of Alice and I was not disappointed.

Not only does this author intertwine the memorable lines, characters, and personalities of the original story, but she was able to recreate the beautiful chaos of Wonderland in her post apocalyptic Arizona Wanderland that was infested with disease ridden beings. Instead of singing flowers and toked up bugs, Sullivan reinvented each beloved character in a dark, twisted, and superb way. I immediately fell down the rabbit hole with Alice and enjoyed every single moment! Sullivan kept the iconic lines we adults remember from childhood and played up the imagination of Wonderland for a wide range of ages to get into.

I highly recommend this novel to any Alice lover who may also have a evil side and enjoy a wonderful retelling of a fantastic childhood story. Alice is the fairytale I've been waiting for in my adult life. Complete with hidden gems, messages, and gore it's a novel that will drive you completely mad -- but don't worry, we're all mad here.

So go! Pick it up and read because it has seriously been the best retelling of Alice in Wonderland I've ever read!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account