Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
A trick of the Light is the narrative-style story of Mike Welles's unspoken pain and struggle to have a "strong body, strong mind, strong enough to master the chaos." Mike has been on control of everything until things at home start changing. He starts hanging out with Amber, who he shares a common friend Anna (commonly known/short for anorexia). Anna will speak to him on his mind to get some control of his life by changing his eating habits. Later on, by going to the hospital he will learn to finally shut that voice.
This books with an interesting and creepy narrator bring hope to people struggling with a eating disorder. It's wonderfully and beautifully written. The characters are all important to help Mike bring light to his life. The story is told in a whisper kind of way that makes it more heart-wrenching. Mike's story as a anorexic bring a lot of insight of what it's happening with eating disorder in males, which are happening more commonly now. I absolutely love this books, yeah it's a very deep and intense subject, but it leaves you with hope. A fantastic and unique read. A trick of the Light touched and entered my heart and will not let me go. A book that everyone must read. 5 starts
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account