Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
A Trick of the Light by Lois Metzger is a powerful read that sheds light on an important issue - girls aren't the only one to suffer from eating disorders. A Trick of the Light follows Mike's struggle with an eating disorder.

Told in a powerful voice, A Trick of the Light is narrated by anorexia itself - it was a very different and intriguing to read. A Trick of the Light is a rapid read, with a writing style that keeps you turning the pages at a lightning fast speed.

The characters were very well rounded - Amber and Mike were such complex characters. They have an atypical start to their friendship and bond over their mutual weightloss and anorexia.

I loved that Lois Metzger chose to tell this story - I think it is such a crucial topic - so often boys are overlooked when it comes to issues such as these. A Trick of the Light is raw and real - it is a book teens in particular will connect with.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
August 12, 2013
I had no idea this story was about a boy with anorexia and that makes me want to read it a lot more
1 results - showing 1 - 1