Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
The concept and the cover of this book was what drew me in originally and the characters kept me invested. I liked that we got to see Penny beforehand, before she turned into popular Penny, instead of using flashbacks. I felt more of a connection to her old crowd that way than I think I would have through flashbacks, though there was some flashbacks throughout the book.

There was a lot of focus on Penny and what she was going through, understandable as she was the main character. We saw the cause of her pulling out of the play then the story skipped ahead a year and she was suddenly one of the most popular girls in school with a whole new group of friends. When she was struck by lightning and woke up to having lost a year of her memories, I definitely felt for her. It would be horrible to wake up and find out that your best friends were no longer your best friends by your choice. We got to see Penny try to figure out who she was and what happened to her in that missing year to turn her into someone she didn’t recognize.

I also liked that we got to see her friends and former friends react to Penny’s situation, though it was all through Penny’s POV so it was a little limiting. The plot moved pretty quickly and it was a short book it there were times when it felt like people or issues were getting brushed aside so it could go back to focusing on the main point, Penny dealing with the memory loss and figuring out why she quit theater and her former friends.

It was a good summer read book and I enjoyed the concept of the story.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account