Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Kody Keplinger never ceases to amaze me with her talent and ability to bring characters who are real and full of raw emotion into a story and into my heart.

I loved Whitley from the moment I *met* her despite her anger, bad attitude and brokenness. All she's ever wanted is to be loved and to know she's "wanted" by her parents - something a lot of children of divorce deal with. *clears throat; waves* She hasn't had the best life and her lack of attention is reflected in the choices she's made but Whitley's always looked forward to her summers with her Dad. This year is extra special because it's their last chance to hang out before she heads to college but everything changes when he tells her he's getting married. Talk about dropping a bomb! To make matters worse, she'll have step-siblings, an annoying little sister and a brother who Whitley just happens to know in the *coughs* Biblical way *coughs*. Could things GET any worse? Yeah, actually then can...and they do. Awesome.

As the summer progresses Whitley learns that "family" isn't always about bloodlines and everyone is broken in some way but how you choose to "fix" what's broken is what matters. Being forced to face the consequences of her own choices, ones that could cost her everyone she loves, Whitley just might discover what's she's needed most has been in front of her the whole time.

With the help of some new friends (familiar faces to Keplinger fans), a swoon worthy "hot nerd" and the love of her family, Whitley may be able to save this summer and herself before it's too late.
Good Points
Friends and family who love Whitley even when she seems unlovable. LOVE THE COVER!!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account