Review Detail

4.2 80
Whirlwind Adventure for your Travel Bug!
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Penultimate Page

My Thoughts:

Oh, Maureen Johnson, the things you do to me! Where do I even start? The first book I ever read by Maureen was Suite Scarlett and I fell in love with her writing right then! 13 Little Blue Envelopes certainly did not disappoint. I laughed, I cried, and at times I wanted to scream.

Ginny is sent on a wild goose chase by her aunt in the form of, you guessed it, 13 little blue envelopes. Each envelope has instructions telling Ginny where to go, what to do, or who to meet and rules about when and where to open the next envelope. I couldnt put the book down, I read it in one night! I had to find out what was in the next envelope.

The setting is so well described you feel like you are traveling with Ginny most of the time. I was surprised to learn that Maureen hadnt been to all the places she sent Ginny to because it certainly seemed like she had. Talk about fantastic research!

Ginny is an ordinary girl that gets an extraordinary opportunity, one Im not sure Id be so quick to accept. Shes very down-to-earth and level-headed for most of the book, not just a crazy teenager on a whirlwind backpacking excursion.

Keith got on my nerves, a lot. He was a typical annoying guy with horrible judgment. He was absolutely perfect! That seems like a total contradiction, but if Keith had been any other type of guy, the story would not have been what it was. He HAD to be annoying. It absolutely worked.

This book definitely lights the travel fire in me. Im just itching to go on a trip like Ginnys.

The Verdict: Three words: So. Much. Fun. A definite must read for anyone whos ever traveled or is just dying to!

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account