N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
ALSO ON MY GOODREADS
I'd been planning to read this book for a while, but just now got around to it. I am so glad that I did. I read the first two books in half a day.

THE SUMMARY

This series is about Jessica "Jess" Mastriani, a 16 year old girl who, other than the facts that she tends to get into fights and only has one friend, is basically a normal teen girl. Until she and her best friend, Ruth, get caught in a thunderstorm and hide under metal bleachers. And she gets struck by lightning. They walk home, thinking everything's fine, but when she wakes up the next day, she knows where some missing kids are. Thus starts her journey.

After detention, she goes with Rob Wilkins (senior hottie) to where the first missing kid, Sean, was supposed to be. He's there, all right. But he doesn't want to be found. Jess calls the police after they return home and they find him.

Jess keeps in touch with the missing children hotline- 1-800-where-r-u, and gives them locations daily. One day, the FBI catches her making the phone calls and offer her a "job" with them. Someone tells the media about her, and her house is surrounded with reporters. When her brother Douglas goes berserk about it, she decides that maybe the best thing to do is to go with the FBI.

When she finds out that the first boy she reported to the police actually had a reason to not want to be found, she goes to look for him and fix it. He had runaway from his abusive father that he'd been returned to, and she found him at the bus station. She buys him pizza and they talk about what to do, when the FBI shows up. They run, and eventually are both caught. They end up locked in the FBI base.

Jess calls Rob asking him to break them out. He does so, and causes a great amount of commotion. They go back to his house and stay the night.

Jess then decides to give Sean and his mother the $10,000 that she received for finding a kid to start over, and get away from the abusive dad.

She tells the reporter that she has lost her psychic ability, when she hasn't, to get the media off her butt.
The book ends with a police note that she should be watched.

THE REVIEW

Wow, this book was great. Like, 4 stars out of 5 great! I didn't really like that it was written as the MC writing a police report, but I completely forgot about it while reading. I like the idea that being struck by lightning can give you superpowers, and this book really did a great job with that. I was hooked the whole way through, and really understood what Jess was feeling when she did certain things.
The characters were likable, and completely relate-able.
This book was well written and the ideas flowed smoothly. I am definitely going to read the rest of the series.

^^OMG THAT WAS A SHORT REVIEW *DIES*
I might fix it later.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account