Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Prepare yourself, Winter Glass is set to destroy all the feels! This stunning conclusion full of sisterly love, romance, and magic had me flipping pages non-stop... and agonizing over a conclusion I never wished to come.

What I Liked:

When I first read Spindle Fire, I fell in love with Aurora and Isbe, of how much they loved each other and how far they'd go to make sure they were okay. Sisterly affection is rarely seen in books, and I was happy to continue their stories in this new installment.

I must say my favorite character has always been Isbe, her journey throughout both books has been full of so many twists and turns. And romance! But most importantly, this has been a character who sacrifices everything for her sister, who dares to embark on an impossible journey throughout kingdoms in order to save Aurora and a kingdom that shunned her since she was an infant, and now in Winter Glass, through a darker journey where she needs to learn about who she really is. Following along her footsteps is NEVER boring, and I would gladly read more of her if there was ever another opportunity! ?

However, I do love Aurora as well! Her quest to find true love and understand what true love really means takes us on a surprising twist I never would have guessed based on what we read in Spindle Fire! It felt natural, though I must admit that I wept for a certain character I had fallen for in book 1. Won't say more about it though ;)

Spindle Fire starts as a retelling of Sleeping Beauty with Aurora, but Winter Glass evolves into a Cinderella retelling focusing on Isbe! I LOVE retellings, and author Lexa Hillyer does a fantastic job developing both tales into something unique. I particularly enjoyed how we even get the point of views of the antagonists, learning about their own side of the stories, dark motivations and all.

Aaah, there's just so much that I loved about this book! Even the epic conclusion that somehow broke my heart. I just cannot stop thinking about this imaginative story that give me everything that I wanted (Isbe and William!!! ?) I was expecting to enjoy Winter Glass as much as Spindle Fire, but no, my love for it goes beyond! It is now an all-time favorite and gosh, I hope I can learn to live without more.

Final Verdict:

Magic! Romance! Non-stop adventure! Winter Glass gives it all and WILL destroy you. It's a book about true love, of finding and discovering yourself, as well as doing what it takes to not lose what matters the most.
Good Points
Great sibling relationship! Beatiful world-building too.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account