Review Detail

4.8 6
Young Adult Fiction 813
Jennifer is the queen of Paranormal Romance!
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Jennifer L Armentrout is my favorite author. I have loved everything of hers, that I have had the pleasure of reading. White Hot Kiss is no exception! Heck I think this may even be my favorite.. No I defiantly know this is my favorite!!

I loved everything about this book. The plot, the romance, the humor, the paranormal world, and the amazingly epic characters. I think JL just created a new epic Book Boyfriend, Roth, he is defintly up there toe to toe with Daemon from The Lux Series.

I think what I loved the most about this book, was Layla and her insecurities and the feeling of never fitting in. It's something pretty much all teens and even alot of adults go through everyday.`Jennifer puts all these emotions into her story, and as you read along you experience those emotions. It's something I love about reading, it's like you get to live many life's through the lifes of the characters you read. Layla was an unforgettable character.

The second thing I loved the most about this book was the Romance! I am a complete sucker for this, and it's something Jennifer knows how to deliver just right! There was a bit of a love triangle if you can even call it that I guess. I mean sure she obviously has feeling for Zayne, the Warden but I felt like his feelings just didn't show enough or to late, and it was to shadowed. I mean if you read this book and didn't ship Layla with the Demon, Roth, then I am not even sure we read the same book. I mean come on, her and Roth are just epic, and obviously has to happen! Seriously Jennifer if you ever happen to see this review, MAKE ROTH & LAYLA ENDGAME! Or you will crush me! Just saying :)

I have never read any books on Gargoyles before, so I wasn't sure what to expect on that aspect. I am always willing to find new supernatural/paranormal creatures to indulge in though.
I think Jen did an amazing job with the world building, and I am so down with the Wardens :)... Well some because like Roth said "People with the purest souls are capable of the greatest evils. No one is perfect, no matter what they are or what side they fight for." .....*cough* Petr & Elijah *cough*.

From the moment I picked up the book and read the sentence "There was a Demon in McDonald's" I knew this was gonna be in JL fashion and I would no doubt love it. Her witty Dialogue, amazing Paranormal Worlds, and just enough mixture of Action & Romance is what makes her one of the best paranormal romance writers in my eyes. She also knows how to write a jaw dropping, scream worthy, cliffhanger for and ending to! Seriously!?!?! I need book 2 now!!!!!!!!!

I 100% recommend this to fans of Paranormal Romance, and Jennifer's other books!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account