Review Detail

4.8 6
Young Adult Fiction 813
Gargoyles, Demons and Removable Tattoos, OH MY!
(Updated: December 28, 2013)
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I LOVED: WHITE HOT KISS, the first full length installment in the DARK ELEMENTS series, is a captivating story full of action, suspense, romance and feelings. Lots and lots of feelings. Chest-clutching, rocking back and forth in a corner, feelings.

Infused with the witty humor we Armentrout fans have come to enjoy, this story is unique in that it doesn't involve cloaking the creatures, humans are fully aware of the Wardens and what they look like and by the end, it is almost impossible to choose between the guys. Almost.

For Layla, life with the Wardens is the only one she's known, but she wants nothing more than to live like a normal teenager. A feat that isn't possible considering she's half Warden herself and half----something else. But she's no wilting flower nor does she let that deter her from her duties to slay demons and protect humans. Layla's full of bada**ery, her only real hang up is her heart.

Layla has had mad feels for Zayne for as long as she can remember and it's obvious he cares for her too. All she really wants to do is kiss him. But she can't because being half---something else means she could suck Zayne's soul out faster than a 4 year old with a juice box. Complicating the situation even further is the fact that Zayne is being pushed by his daddy to hookup with a female of his own kind. That leaves Layla to drown her urges in her after school job and rolls of cookie dough.

But then she meets Roth, the demon who comes with his own theme song and quite few interesting "pets". Roth challenges Layla to question everything the Wardens have told her, everything she's believed to be true. And while she knows Roth is dangerous, knows she shouldn't trust him, I mean, hellew, he IS a demon after all, she starts to wonder if maybe Roth is telling the truth just this once. Roth is dangerous in other ways too, like how he stirs up feelings in Layla. Feelings that don't involve tall, hot and stonilicious Zayne. Roth also doesn't have one of those pesky soul thingys which means there is nothing stopping her from kissing him.

But spending time with Roth could jeopardize Layla's relationship with the Wardens and with Zayne. Before long, Layla finds herself caught in a tug-of-war between good versus evil that leads up to an epic fight and a heart wrenching ending that will leave you begging for the next book! (I suggest finding a corner now, filling it with tissues, maybe even a snack and a pillow because you're going to be there for awhile.)

Fans of BITTER SWEET LOVE will be happy to know that Jasmine makes an appearance and she isn't alone.

What Left Me Wanting More: I NEED MORE ROTH AND ZAYNE IN MY LIFE!

Final Verdict: Fanfreakingtastic start to a new series!

Favorite Quote: "I lost myself the moment I found you."
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account