Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I wasn't sure what I was going to be getting myself into once I started reading. I was hoping for something light because the last few books I read were on the heavy side. I wanted something fun. I wanted something that wouldn't keep me up at night worrying about the characters.

Uh, no. I got EXACTLY what I was trying to avoid. But, goddammit if I'm not completely in love with Where the Stars Still Shine.

This is truly such a beautiful, captivating book.

Callie is an interesting girl. I couldn't help but sympathize with her. She's been through hell and back, and to be such a strong person takes a lot.

Alex. Oh sweet, sweet Alex. Admittedly, he takes what he wants and he doesn't seem to have a hard time getting it. He's a boy with a future and that's something I completely love.

Just about every other supporting character in Tarpon Springs is genuine. I'ts a place I wouldn't mind getting lost in. Callie's dad and step mom are undeniably real and I SO WISH I had little brothers like Joe and Tuck. OMG adorable.

Now, Callie's mom is a review in itself. I hated her. I hate people who don't grow up when they have something worth growing up for. When they float through life living on a string of hope when they have something obviously worth living for. She's immature. She's sick (and not just in the diagnosed way). In the end, sure, she redeems herself, and she sure as shit got what she deserves. But still, I found myself physically rolling my eyes every time she was brought up. Uh. I just hate people like that.

In the end, it's a book that will stick with you. Forever. It's one of those "back of the mind" books, where it just lives there and pops up at random moments.

Written enchantingly, I cant say I'm disappointed in reading it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account