Review Detail

4.2 2
Young Adult Fiction 227
What We Saw At Night by Jacquelyn Mitchard (Pixie Dust Book Reviews)
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
The best part of this whole story is that it illustrates the greatness and the weakness of friendship. A common piece of teen life is the friendships created which often contains betrayal, blossoming relationships, and in the end many people face the severing those ties. I loved the relationship between Juliet and Allie, although it always seemed like Juliet had the upper hand in the friendship. Allie was fiercely loyal to this girl despite the shortcomings, the mistakes, and the lies.

Rob and Allie are a fun pair to read about. I laughed at some of their more ridiculous romantic moments such as the fact that he would drive by every night and became a "stalker" in the eyes of her mom.

I enjoyed reading about XP and the fact that they basically did live a life in darkness, fearing the sun and hoping to live. It made me think about it a lot and I am curious about people that are essentially creatures of the night because they have to live in shadows.

The mystery and thriller aspect of the story was fun to read and kept me on my toes throughout the course of the story. Sometimes you question whether Allie saw what she thought she saw or whether there is some big cover up going on. It keeps the story interesting and intriguing.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
March 16, 2013
I didn't realize this one was so mysterious. I love wondering whether something nefarious is going on or if the main character is just misunderstanding things. I didn't intend to read this one, but I think I may need to add it to my TBR!
1 results - showing 1 - 1