Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

I gave this book 3 stars because I wasn't totally engrossed in the story. There were also times where I was a bit confused. Way too many things were going on in my opinion.

The chapters where divided up by the places the characters were in for example Holgate and Philadelphia. That would've been fine if there were only a few characters but in this book there was a lot and they sort of blended together in my head. I caught myself going back a few pages to see where the character was and what was happenening.

I also didn't like how suddenly things happened. For example, one character died in one line. He was laughing one second and boom he is killed by a creeping creature thing. What really got me is his friend that was with him didn't show much emotion towards the death! He was all like "oh he's dead"

Anyway I'm going on and on about a few bad things about this book so I'll get to the good stuff.

I loved the concept of the book and the time period. It was cool reading about an alternate past where electricity was technically made by Weather Witches.

I also like a few of the characters even if they got on my nerves sometimes but that happens in a lot of books so it's not that bad :P

Overall, I liked it but it wasn't great.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account